Tuesday, January 10, 2012

HURT - another sign I wish Lil knew

Last week, Little Fingers (a.k.a "Lil") had a bad diaper rash. For being almost 10 months old, I can tell you she's only gotten one other rash to this degree! She was mighty upset to say the least. As she laid there screaming and crying, I thought, "I wish she knew the sign HURT." If we knew ahead of time just how severe the rash was before going in there and trying to help we might have tried something different (e.g. put her right in a luke warm tub - anything but what she was going through). Our hearts HURT watching her. My husband, father, and I all tried to calm her down, distract her and get the diaper changing job done as quickly as possible!

We've surpassed the rash but it's definitely a sign on our list!
Sign: HURT
courtesy of Sign2Me
HURT is a 'directional sign'! What does that mean?
When your head hurts, move the sign to your head! When you
have a sore throat, move the sign to your throat area!
See - Learn something new every day!

Check out Sign2Me(r) products (and other products) on our Amazon Store!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving learning these!!!! I hope Lil is much better now :)

HearMyHands said...

Thanks Melissa! I'm glad you are enjoying. We're loving this new adventure as well :) As for Little Fingers - she's slowly getting better :)

Copyright © 2012 · Designed and Customized by: Virtual Boutik © All Rights Reserved.