Sign Language App Review & Giveway!
"ASL Baby Sign"
I had the opportunity of reviewing a great app!
"ASL Baby Sign" application on the iPad is definitely under estimated by being called “ASL Baby Sign.” This app clearly has the capabilities of helping educators, parents, and other individuals desiring to learn sign language. "ASL Baby Sign" has awesome features unexpected in an ASL app – especially named “ASL Baby Sign.”
What I expected:
- Simple basic signs that can be taught to an infant, toddler, and young child.
- Basic flashcards child-friendly.
What I saw:
- An experienced interpreter signing 170+ signs
- Cute cartoons used
- The word presented with the sign and audio
What I didn’t expected:
- The awesome feature to edit the words on the screen (not that you want to edit them too much – I found the signs quite reliable but perhaps you wanted to put a capital letter versus a lower case or make it say “D for dog”).
- The ability to record your own voice so the person using the app hears that familiarity.
- The ability to add pictures to the photo gallery for potentially better recognition of the sign (how cool!)
- All this hard work you put into it can of course be saved (bonus) for future uses.
- The low price of $1.99
I was highly impressed. My expectations clearly were not in the same mind set as this app. I was expecting something strictly young child friendly and that’s it but I guess the therapist and educator in me saw this app having so much more potential than it’s title leads it to believe.
So with that being said, its negative:
- The title!
It clearly doesn’t portray all the great things this ASL app can do with a title like “ASL Baby Sign.” So many of the apps geared towards babies and sign language are so basic. This was not!
I highly recommend this app for parents and educators. If you didn't previously check out our ASL Dictionary app review (from the same company, AppSavers), click here!
Here you go! Good luck to the FIVE lucky winners of this great ASL Baby Sign app redemption code!!a Rafflecopter giveaway
You can check them out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ASLdictionary